Return to the Winter Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So how's it going? Do you like your winter garden?

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 12:41

...I'm pretty bored except for Gardenias at the moment, but I expected that... The Osmanthus fragrans I bought last week should help improve things in future winters.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So how's it going? Do you like your winter garden?

Patiently waiting for Witch Hazel 'Westerende' to bloom. Last year it started at the end of January and bloomed for about 4 or 5 weeks.

Here is a link that might be useful: My blog

o

My cyclamen coum were doing all right but the last stretch of single digit weather slowed them down and did a little freeze drying to the blooms. My pallida witch hazel popped open its first blooms last week on an odd warm day... plus the first snowdrop opened..... no gardenias or camellias or osmanthus here :(

o

Awww, if it makes you feel better, lilacs won't grow here. Can't tell you how much I miss them!

Pansies and snapdragons are doing well.

o

Always trying to show off plants on my property, and have several witch-hazels and other plants to add color to Winter.
Just don't know how to direct people to my blog, other than to say I always find it easily by just googling in 'Bogturtle's garden'.

o

Just copy the URL and paste it in the optional URL link below. I love your winter garden! Interesting!

Sandy

Here is a link that might be useful: bogturtles garden

o

Hey, Bog, thanks for the invite. I enjoyed looking very much, and love your path! I think you get out in your yard during winter more than I do and it's nowhere near as cold here - how funny! Thanks!

o

I have got some things growing in my cold frame. Nothing died in last night's frost/freeze. Anyone else in my locale have anything going on? I'd love to talk with others having this same adventure!

o

With the high stuck at 37 I guess for today, really feels like winter. Took some pics today.

Oxalis crassipes (the clover foliage) with Narcissus. The tomato cage is to remind our dog this spot isn't for napping.

o

Osmanthus fragrans (fragrant Olive.) The flowers are TINY but smell incredibly good!!

o

Neighbors' mystery citrus.

o

Dianthus.

o

A Camellia at Mom's, a couple miles away.

o

And one little Magnolia? flower.

What's going on in your winter garden?

o

Ruscus is cute. Pic from last week, forgot it was on my phone.

o

Same Camellia as above, covered in ice.

o
RE: Do you like your winter garden?

Icy Gardenias.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here