Return to the Winter Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter in the redwoods

Posted by mich_in_zonal_denial - zoneless - (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 02 at 20:51

Just beyond the tree ferns the property dips and there is a beautiful creek with crystal clear water rushing over the smooth river wash rocks.

It is a bit too chilly to sit by the waters edge at the moment, but in a few weeks when the calla lilies start blooming, the days will be warm enough to read a book and bask in the winter sunshine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter in the redwoods

bummer...
does anyone know why the photos dissapear after a few days ?

o

Mich,
You have this pic on webshots. Find a new host (imagestation, msn,etc). To see this pic:
right click on the x
click Properties
Copy URL and Paste into Address bar

o

I love those tree ferns. I didn't know there was such a thing! What zone do they grow in? Oh, I forgot, you're in zone denial LOL.

o

How much of this survived Wednesday's frost?

o

Thanks Mich, great scene. I want to go and sit on those chairs. You have no snow. Just how well does this zonal_denial thing work anyway. Just kidding, I know you don't get the white stuff generally in California. Terramadre I got to see this pic because of your directions. Now I know how, thanks.
Yeona

o

So far so good,
these babies are pretty well established, and with the thick canopy cover of all the surrounding redwoods, they have weathered the frost and freeze ok do ky.

... now my own garden... Is currently renamed " The blackened Mush Garden."
It's gonna take a bunch of pina coladas for it to make it toast worthy

o

Thanks Terremadre for the lesson.
Beautiful scene Mich. I do love those ferns.

o

• Posted by Alys z5 MO (My Page) on
    Fri, May 10, 02 at 16:44

How incredibly lovely. I took a trip to the redwoods when I was about 17. I wanted to just build a house in a hollow log and stay there forever.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here