Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mack01_gw

winter gardens in Berlin

mack01
22 years ago

Hi everyone

I stumbled across a discussion at this site whilst wading through a search engine. I study in London and currently doing some research on winter gardening in Berlin. The study will inform an architectural intervention through the city, using the vacant spaces above and below ground. In this way the new spaces will attach to everyday life, the underground, museums, cemetaries and offices etc.

I was struck by a comment by a member that he'd rush home to tend his balcony. It is this spirit and enthusiasm, of a public and private green space that I wish to explore.

It would be great if anyone in Berlin can help, comment, make suggestions of places that need a green space. Especially if they know of any other groups, projects or people involved in this field of maverick urban planning, environment councils or local lobbies etc.

Also what grows well on your balconies, where your office is so I can pinpoint a district on a map.

I would be grateful for any comment on the importance and value of year-round green spaces and existing parks etc through a cross-section of lives. I hope this initiates some interesting discussion and hear from somebody very soon. Mack01

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor