o
The best kind of 'snow' for this time of year:

Posted by John_D USDA 8b WA (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 17, 03 at 23:36

White plum blossoms.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The best kind of 'snow' for this time of year:

Gorgeous, John and so nice to have something snowy looking in our clime. I mostly have pink blooming Camellias and Viburnums, and yellow daffodiles in my garden right now. I think I need some white.
Yeona

o

• Posted by John_D USDA 8b WA (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 18, 03 at 20:33

Yup. Our real snow a week ago lasted all but three hours. It didn't slow down any of the blossoms. But I don't mind. My 'Yoshino" cherry has just started blooming, and my 'Mt. Fuji' cherries are about to -- more snowy white of my favorite kind coming up.

(On one of my favorite spring visits to Vancouver, the cherry petals had just fallen and downtown streets were white with drifting "snow" -- absolutely gorgeous!)

o

A few months later, also zone 8ish, but in England: I finally understand cherry blossom time eg Japan or Vancouver. Two of my daughter's friends and I had a 'snow' ball fight under a double cherry tree- shaking the branches to make a snowstorm, throwing blossomballs at each other, making blossom angels on the ground. Magical.

o

Our white and pink blossoms have already fallen and I agree it is magical. I love the picture you painted of a petal snowstorm and throwing blossomballs. It sounds fun and much warmer than real snow. :)

Yeona

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here