Return to the Winter Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cutting grass after winterizing

Posted by caws1111 z5 NH (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 1, 05 at 9:41

We had already spread the winterizing fertilzer. Unfortunatly we had lots of rain then warm weather and the grass grew like crazy. Can we cut it again. The directions on the fertizer says to cut one last time then use the winter fertizers. Will I hurt the grass or undo the effects of the winterizer fertilizer or will I need to spread more after I cut it again?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cutting grass after winterizing

Sure you can cut it - you can cut it as many times it might need it this winter and while not covered in snow ;-) And no, you will not need to reapply the fertilizer. It is doing exactly what it is supposed to do, despite the warmer weather. That has only activated the nutrients and they are being absorbed with active root growth. Everything will get back to normal with colder weather.

FWIW, we mow lawns throughout the winter here with no ill affect on the late season or winter fertilizing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here