Return to the Winter Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter Garden Pics

Posted by John_D USDA 8 WA (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 18, 02 at 11:11

Click on the link below to see the photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Garden in Winter

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter Garden Pics

Beautiful, thank you!

o

That was lovely. What was the pink flower?

o

Thank you John. It's been a heck of a day and your photos inspired me.

Deb

o

I'm glad I could spread some winter cheer. I looked at my camellias the other day and wondered how depressed I would get if I had no flowers to look at during the dark season.

The pink flower is a viburnum ('Dawn') that blooms from autumn through winter into spring. It shuts down during periods of heavy frost but bounces back right afterwards. (The winter cherrries and winter jasmine are also blooming right now; the hellebores are about to start putting out flowers. But only the viburnum is delightfully fragrant.)

o

• Posted by Ron_B USDA 8 WA (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 29, 02 at 0:52

I see Prunus x subhirtella 'Autumnalis Rosea' at the top of the page, with a camellia below that. Where's the Bodnant viburnum?

o

Ron:
The viburnum is in my photo archives because the content of this web page changes about every week or so.

o

Wonderful, thank you John. I would love it if my winter garden were so beautiful with blooms. Oh well, all of my shrubs are very young.

Yeona

o

It's changed again (weekly update).

o

• Posted by Ron_B USDA 8 WA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 5, 03 at 15:35

OK, I see, the posting and the discussion about the viburnum were all on the 18th.

o

John, great pictures and interesting site. Another site to check and my checking sites budget is already so full!! I have a hunch this one is is worth it. Thanks for posting this.

o

what is sarcoccocea? Is there a common name?

o

Woodspirit:
Ooops! Typo. It should read Sarcococca.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here