Return to the Winter Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are you TX Z9ers planting now?

Posted by
Patt Tx 9
(pattusa@yahoo.com) on
Sat, Dec 15, 01 at 11:27

I'm curious as to what you Texas zone niners may be planting this month through Feb. Although we don't have winter like some others do, I get really bored during these months. Would appreciate any information and expertise as to anything that you start or plant now. Thanks for your input. Patt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are you TX Z9ers planting now?

Purplemartin, you have been given bad information about what grows in Texas. Houston has some of the most lush plant growth anywhere. Texas has a variety of climates, so there should be something for everyone.

Patt, just keep on planting, you will be rewarded in spring and summer.

o

Thanks for the encouragement, JT. It's chilly tonight, but I was in shorts and flip flops Sunday when I deadheaded/pruned things and planted the mums and rose cuttings and collected the canna seeds. I'm sure I'll be out this weekend planting other things just to see if they'd grow.... If not I'll be planting in March.
I love Texas - for one reason we can plant, grow and bloom almost all year.
Patt

o

I have many ornamental grasses of all sorts. I will be moving or spreading those that need it this month. The rest stay up for winter interest until March.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here