Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spike_gw

Welcome!

-spike-
22 years ago

Many people were asking for this forum last summer, but I wanted to wait until the season was right. I hope those people are still around! ;-)

Comments (15)

• wanda
    22 years ago

I wasn't one of those who asked for it, but what a wonderful idea! Thanks!

Wanda

• John_D
    22 years ago

Thank you, Spike!

The season is right! We got a faint sprinkling of snow this morning but, so far, no frost.

• bayguy
    22 years ago

Great Subject Area for those of us that are currently suffering afternoon temperatures in the low 80's.....

Putting my greens in this weekend....

Thanks.... Joe

• kathyjane
    22 years ago

Hey, Spike!
    Great idea!
    We've had temps in 50's and even 70's in the Shenandoah Valley----I could almost get used to this!
    Cold weather is coming and I'll be looking forward to checking this forum out!
    Kathy z6

• cathrynb
    22 years ago

Hi Spike and all:

Love the idea of this forum. I live east of San Francisco. I get superb greens in the winter. The probem I have is kicking myself in the posterior to get things into the ground early enough. I think that's my problem with the broccoli and brussel sprouts I planted. But I did get a great crop of garlic into the ground, and I have my first onions in a planter box outside. They seem to be sprouting well. May will tell, however, if the experiment is a success.

• DianaMarie
    22 years ago

Spike this is great! All those mourning the end of the gardening season will be able to come here and get ideas for next year. Keep up the good work! ...Diana

• penny_md6
    22 years ago

I was looking for information on winter gardening and came across this on the 'suggestions and comments' forum. Wow, what a thrill!

Thanks Spike!

• mdahan_stny_rr_com
    22 years ago

What a great idea! I live in Otsego County, NY and I have no idea what to plant come the spring. I need this forum for ideas and information.

thanks!

Melissa

• vgkg Z-7 Va
    22 years ago

Yes Thanks Spike! Although the way things are going you may have to rename this the Perpetual Autumn Garden forum ;o) vgkg

• Brenda_in_wy
    22 years ago

Ever since Country Living did an article on winter gardens, I have been searching for the items that, along with the ice and snow, will make my garden a winter wonderland. I am tickled to see this new catagory. Thank you, Spike!

• Pamela_Il
    22 years ago

the grasses in the garden are pretty with the light snow that we have had. They add so much and we have had a lot of sun the last week. I can take the winter garden as long as the sun shines.

• oldherb
    22 years ago

Cool! Our region has decided to not have winter this year but just in case it changes it's mind I thought I better stop in and say hi.

This is great. Gardening all year and talking about gardening all year...life is sweet.

• Cady
    22 years ago

We'll probably still post here from spring to fall, because winter is never far away when you're "up nawth."

• burntgrass
    22 years ago

Thanks Spike,
    just what the doctor ordered!
    McPeg

• Newt
    22 years ago

Thanks, Spike.

You do the most wonerful things for us. I have been so busy with family obligations and putting the 500 potted plants in the ground that I haven't had time to visit the Forum.

Newt