Return to the Winter Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Welcome!

Posted by Spike z6 nj (webmaster@gardenweb.com) on
Fri, Dec 14, 01 at 11:33

Many people were asking for this forum last summer, but I wanted to wait until the season was right. I hope those people are still around! ;-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Welcome!

I wasn't one of those who asked for it, but what a wonderful idea! Thanks!

Wanda

o

Thank you, Spike!

The season is right! We got a faint sprinkling of snow this morning but, so far, no frost.

o

• Posted by bayguy 9B Coastal FLA (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 14, 01 at 13:29

Great Subject Area for those of us that are currently suffering afternoon temperatures in the low 80's.....

Putting my greens in this weekend....

Thanks.... Joe

o

Hey, Spike!
Great idea!
We've had temps in 50's and even 70's in the Shenandoah Valley----I could almost get used to this!
Cold weather is coming and I'll be looking forward to checking this forum out!
Kathy z6

o

Hi Spike and all:

Love the idea of this forum. I live east of San Francisco. I get superb greens in the winter. The probem I have is kicking myself in the posterior to get things into the ground early enough. I think that's my problem with the broccoli and brussel sprouts I planted. But I did get a great crop of garlic into the ground, and I have my first onions in a planter box outside. They seem to be sprouting well. May will tell, however, if the experiment is a success.

o

Spike this is great! All those mourning the end of the gardening season will be able to come here and get ideas for next year. Keep up the good work! ...Diana

o

I was looking for information on winter gardening and came across this on the 'suggestions and comments' forum. Wow, what a thrill!

Thanks Spike!

o

What a great idea! I live in Otsego County, NY and I have no idea what to plant come the spring. I need this forum for ideas and information.

thanks!

Melissa

o

• Posted by Vgkg 7-Va Piedmont (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 19, 01 at 7:23

Yes Thanks Spike! Although the way things are going you may have to rename this the Perpetual Autumn Garden forum ;o) vgkg

o

Ever since Country Living did an article on winter gardens, I have been searching for the items that, along with the ice and snow, will make my garden a winter wonderland. I am tickled to see this new catagory. Thank you, Spike!

o

the grasses in the garden are pretty with the light snow that we have had. They add so much and we have had a lot of sun the last week. I can take the winter garden as long as the sun shines.

o

Cool! Our region has decided to not have winter this year but just in case it changes it's mind I thought I better stop in and say hi.

This is great. Gardening all year and talking about gardening all year...life is sweet.

o

• Posted by Cady z6 MA (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 3, 02 at 13:50

We'll probably still post here from spring to fall, because winter is never far away when you're "up nawth."

o

Thanks Spike,
just what the doctor ordered!
McPeg

o

• Posted by newt z7/MD (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 9, 02 at 0:48

Thanks, Spike.

You do the most wonerful things for us. I have been so busy with family obligations and putting the 500 potted plants in the ground that I haven't had time to visit the Forum.

Newt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here