Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bannanas in the basement

Posted by stanc 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 29, 10 at 9:05

Is anyone on this form overwinteirng bannanas,star jasmin and any other plants in your basement.
I have about 10 bannana plants ,eight star jasmin and a load of cannas,elephnat ears and other plants.

Stanc

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bannanas in the basement

I keep a bunch of elephant ears in a pot every winter. I dig up and dry the cannas, but the elephant ears do very well, well watered and in the sun.

o

I overwinter bananas, canna, elephant ear. My jasmine plant didn't make it this year, I think I left it a day too long outside this fall!

o

I brought 3 star jasmines inside last fall but just kept them by the sliding door. They flowered shortly after bringing them in and then haven't grown much all winter. The past couple of weeks they have had sudden growth spurts which I keep trimming.
Last year I did bring my potted wisteria vine and lilac bush into the garage (our basement is too warm) and come spring, they knew just when to start growing again. They didn't get any light.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here