Houzz Logo Print
sandyhill_gw

member map

sandyhill
18 years ago

Where are we? Good question...

Now there's a map.

http://www.frappr.com/gardenwi/map/

You can zoom in as needed & add yourself.

Comments (30)

• noinwi
    18 years ago

Neat idea! I'm there!

• putzer
    18 years ago

I love this!! Thank you so much for finding it :)

• Kat SE Wisconsin z5
    18 years ago

Great idea! I wish this map could be at the top of our forum. That way we could check it out anytime.

Kat

• elvis
    18 years ago

Good morning, all! I love this--I'd love it even more if I could figure out how to put my location on there. I can move around and find exactly where I am, then what?

Con.

• putzer
    18 years ago

Constance, look along the right where it says "Add yourself to the map" or somesuch. Click on that and follow directions from there :)

• bigcityal
    18 years ago

I'm on there. It entered me by my zip - I didn't do it.

• periwinkledenise
    18 years ago

Sandy: Thank you very much for doing this (I thought I posted a thank you to you yesterday--but I don't see).
    This is nice! Denise

Constance, as Al says, just put in the zipcode; you don't Have to show a photo if you don't want to.

• posy_gurl
    18 years ago

Awesome! Now I can see everyone!

• clairewags
    18 years ago

I'm on there too!

• linjoh
    18 years ago

Thanks Sandyhill!! I'm on there now

• kathyloulynn
    18 years ago

Thanks Sandy Katie

• elvis
    18 years ago

Check it out! I'm the farthest north!!!

Con.

• elvis
    18 years ago

Good morning! Where are the rest of you? Put yourself on the map, please :) It's nice to have a better idea where you all are!

Constance.

• cheryloz4
    18 years ago

I'm there, just joined Garden Web. First post @ G.Web and the WI site.
    Happy Gardening ...Soon I hope.

• sandyhill
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Welcome CherylOz!

• elvis
    18 years ago

Welcome, Cheryl! Where are you in Z4, Cheryl?

Constance.

• Shari
    18 years ago

I just found this site. Seems like there is a lot of information here. I have to work on this yard of mine. It needs color. Sherry

• flwrpowr
    18 years ago

Just said hello and I'm going under a new name already. Hostas are no longer my primary interest so hostamary doesn't feel right. Anyone know how to change my name on the map?

• putzer
    18 years ago

flwr, go here and read #12

http://www.frappr.com/?a=doc&section=faq#12

If that doesn't work, then follow the directions to delete your frapper account and just sign up again.

• flwrpowr
    18 years ago

It worked. Thanks putzer. I am now officially flwrpowr.

• elvis
    18 years ago

Good morning, all! Say, when I clicked on Sandy's link to see the map, there's no map there! Am I missing something? I wanted to see who's joined since I last looked...

Thanks,

Con.

• flwrpowr
    18 years ago

Hi elvis,

You've probably already seen that the map is up again now.

I took a look at it and now I'm wondering what do the different colors in the legend mean? Blue, green and red.

• sandyhill
    Original Author
    18 years ago

No special meaning to the colors. It just keeps them from all bluring into one when the pins are close together. It was getting pretty hard to spot Junebug, eatBlueFood, and a few others in the crowd.

Now when someone new signs in I hope they can be seen better.

• sissyz
    17 years ago

Hi, all!
    I am new the Wisconsin forum, they tell me I am Zone 4, transferred from Zone 8, Memphis, with hubby's job.
    I put myself on your all's map and I have been kinda lurking here for a while, but would like to introduce myself!
    I am gonna grow tulips and cherry trees and lilacs and Blue Spruce! All things that won't grow in the South!
    Sissy

• phyl345
    17 years ago

hey there, i have been a "lurker" but i just clicked on your map and i see there are two flatlanders on it!!! can i join too!!! don't hold the bears against me -- we're all packer fans (grew up 50 mi. north of green bay in marinette & menominee)

• phyl345
    17 years ago

is that a no?????

• janetpetiole
    17 years ago

While I'm really pleased that there is a forum for Wisconsinites, I wouldn't want to exclude anyone, especially someone who was originally from Wisconsin. If someone finds something they like here and wants to post, why not?

• phyl345
    17 years ago

thanks janet....phyl

• sandyhill
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'll top this again, since there's another "where are we" thread up.

Also see the original:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/wisconsin/msg1201053632641.html

Yes phyl345, I think it's fine for others close by to be on the map, that's why it includes IL, MI, MN, etc.

• sandyhill
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Map bump for the newbies.
    Sorry I haven't had time to post for a while.
    Nice to see you all here.

Cheers,
    SandyHill

Sponsored