Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keriann_lakegeneva

Would love some advice on everything :) Free Seeds and Plants ava

keriann_lakegeneva
14 years ago

I have been reading these forums for years and I have so appreciated the advice, tips and love for gardening. I am a flower gardener and have added gardens every year to my property. This is the first year I am starting seedlings; which include:

Petunias 'Tidal Wave'* (silver and purple)

Lisiathus (purple)

Non-stop begonias* (mixed)

Verbena (purple)

Angels Trumpet (double purple)

Osteospermum (white and purple)

Balloon Flower Aster Double Purple

Amaranthus Dreadlocks

Corkscrew Vine

Hyacinth Bean

Zinnia (dould white* and double purple)

Hollyhock Double Bride (white)

I have extra seeds if anyone would like them (plants with a (*) I DO NOT have extra to share).

I would appreciate any advice on starting the above seeds. I have read HUNDREDS of articles but it is always helpful to hear from those who live in the area and have some tricks. My 'set-up' is... heat mat, soil-less mix, and light.

My gardens are only white, purple and blue. If you have grown any one-of-a-kind/unique plants in these hues, I would love to hear about them.

*****Also.. one more question. : ) Have any of you tried to grow ranunculus? And if so where did you buy them (on-line) and what are your tricks?

*****Same thing with anemones (wind flowers). I love them but am nervous to try them out.

Okay last thing :)

I have HUNDREDS or Iris' that need a new home. They are light purple with yellow thoats. They are bearded and produce 5-9 blooms a stalk, and they are beautiful. I will try to get more info on them but if you would like them please let me know (I know it is the wrong time of year but I divided them last spring and they all came up beautifully). I also have pink phloxs, sweet woodruff and dark pink peonies if you would like them. All I ask for is words of wisdom and suggestions on anything that is blue, white or purple.

Best of luck this season and thank you to all who ahve inspired me and given tips over the years!

Keriann~

Comments (2)