Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Daffodils are popping up!

Posted by katusha z5b seWi (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 4, 06 at 4:56

Wednesday I took a walk around my gardens. I noticed that my daffs were coming up. They're not very high, maybe a couple of inches, but they're popping up. I've watched the weather channel and saw they we are going to have highs in the low 30's this coming week. In fact, we've had a light snow this night. I know this won't hurt them, it'll just slow them down. But I've never had them coming up this early. None of my other plants are coming up yet. Usually my irises are the 1st to pop up. They have come up in Feb. during mild winters. Does anyone else have plants popping up now?

Kat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Daffodils are popping up!

Yep, mine are too. Of course, today, they're covered in snow.
Spring can't get here soon enough!

o

Spring? Geez, I'm in Madison too, and I don't think we've had a decent winter in years...this winter had a promising start, but we've warmed up considerably in January. I long for some decent x-country skiing again...

o

Well Junebug, I hope you get snow, but I hope it doesn't come any further east! LOL! I have really enjoyed this winter. Right now though it's 18 out. Hopefully this 'cool' weather will pass soon! :)

Kat

o

Hi, yes my daffodils are about 4" high and my irises are 2" high now. My hyacinths are going gangbusters too. They are all on the southfacing brick of my house, near our side door, so they come up earlier than my other bulbs every year. An early gift of spring every year, I love it.

o

I have crocus in bloom right now! ......waiting for Spring.

Sandy

o

Well, mine haven't grown that much since I first posted this. I do have a few irises coming up, but the tips of their leaves are brown from the cold we've had. Now we're expecting 4" of snow on Thursday with a low of 15. The earliest blooming plant I have is the perennial corydalis. Usually by mid April I have little white flowers on them. They are the 1st to bloom and the last to quit. Another month and they should be looking good. :)

Kat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here