Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tootswisc

Evansville Bus trip to Chicago Flower and Garden show

tootswisc
18 years ago

Our senior center has a bus going to the Chicago Flower show on Wed. March 15th. The bus trip costs $34 and is open to anyone. I hope this is an OK post. I could e-mail anyone the details.

Comments (9)

• elvis
    18 years ago

Good morning, Toots! Where is Evansville? Where are you? Are you on Sandyhill's Member Map in the thread farther down the page?

Constance.

• elvis
    18 years ago

Ah, Tootsie--I see you are on the map; right in Evansville--how nice for you! I would go too, if I were you :) Have fun, and give a report, please...

Constance.

• sandylovesflowers
    18 years ago

.....Can you stop in Kenosha and pick me up?

Sandy

• tootswisc
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Our route takes us thru Janesville and Beloit I think but our bus is not full. Sandy, If you could round up several people, we might consider another route if it will fill our bus.

• sandylovesflowers
    18 years ago

Oh thanks for the invite! I would love to go, but after checking out the family schedules, I know I will not be able to swing it on that day. I am going to try talking a friend into making the trip on the weekend. Have a blast!

Don't let me stop anyone else from around here taking you up on the offer, though!

Sandy

• sandylovesflowers
    18 years ago

Hi - How was the trip to the Chicago Flower and Garden Show? Just curious.......

Sandy

• tootswisc
    Original Author
    18 years ago

It was great. We had to cancel the big bus because we only had 15 people sign up. So I drove a 15 passenger van if you can believe that. It was a wonderful day-I think my senior group appreciated my effort. The garden show was great-the actual gardens are interesting with lot's of great ideas but the shopping is fabulous-lots of houseplants, bulbs and tons more. Navy pier and downtown chicago cannot be beat!

• bellarosa
    18 years ago

Tootswisc,
    I actually worked at the Flower Show. I'm curious - what did you think of the huge New Plant Introductions on the back wall (to the far right)? This was my baby. I staged the plants, watered them everyday and deadheaded the plants. The lines to see this area were long. I guess that's a good sign!

• tootswisc
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Bellarosa,
    It was great. Because I was the driver, I did not have alot of time to spend and since there was a line, I couldn't spend alot of time. But I walked thru and all of us in the line had great comments about the plants.

Since you are so knowledgeable and in my zone, have you got a few new plant suggestions.

Sponsored