Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Evansville Bus trip to Chicago Flower and Garden show

Posted by tootswisc z4/5Wi (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 19, 06 at 9:19

Our senior center has a bus going to the Chicago Flower show on Wed. March 15th. The bus trip costs $34 and is open to anyone. I hope this is an OK post. I could e-mail anyone the details.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Evansville Bus trip to Chicago Flower and Garden show

Good morning, Toots! Where is Evansville? Where are you? Are you on Sandyhill's Member Map in the thread farther down the page?

Constance.

o
RE: Evansville Bus trip to Chicago Flower Garden show

Ah, Tootsie--I see you are on the map; right in Evansville--how nice for you! I would go too, if I were you :) Have fun, and give a report, please...

Constance.

o

.....Can you stop in Kenosha and pick me up?

Sandy

o

Our route takes us thru Janesville and Beloit I think but our bus is not full. Sandy, If you could round up several people, we might consider another route if it will fill our bus.

o

Oh thanks for the invite! I would love to go, but after checking out the family schedules, I know I will not be able to swing it on that day. I am going to try talking a friend into making the trip on the weekend. Have a blast!

Don't let me stop anyone else from around here taking you up on the offer, though!

Sandy

o

Hi - How was the trip to the Chicago Flower and Garden Show? Just curious.......

Sandy

o

It was great. We had to cancel the big bus because we only had 15 people sign up. So I drove a 15 passenger van if you can believe that. It was a wonderful day-I think my senior group appreciated my effort. The garden show was great-the actual gardens are interesting with lot's of great ideas but the shopping is fabulous-lots of houseplants, bulbs and tons more. Navy pier and downtown chicago cannot be beat!

o

Tootswisc,
I actually worked at the Flower Show. I'm curious - what did you think of the huge New Plant Introductions on the back wall (to the far right)? This was my baby. I staged the plants, watered them everyday and deadheaded the plants. The lines to see this area were long. I guess that's a good sign!

o

Bellarosa,
It was great. Because I was the driver, I did not have alot of time to spend and since there was a line, I couldn't spend alot of time. But I walked thru and all of us in the line had great comments about the plants.

Since you are so knowledgeable and in my zone, have you got a few new plant suggestions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here