Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden planter source?

Posted by periwinkledenise (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 06 at 12:17

Can someone tell me of some online sources for large garden planters---resin, liteweight (to cut down on shipping). I did find a couple of urns yesterday at Menards--I really liked them. They're about 18" tall and in my preferred vintage look.

I'm looking for a few really big ones---urns about 3 feet tall if possible OR columns/bases to set them on.

Adding some planters to my garden areas is my treat to myself since I stopped smoking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden planter source?

Congratulations of being off ciggies.

Do you have a Steins Garden & Gifts nearby? I was at Steins today and they have a good selection of big vintage looking pots.

o

OMG. Denise! Congrats on quitting smoking! Wonderful!!! You are outstanding :0

If you find an inexpensive source for large vintage pots, LMK. We can share shipping...

Con.

o

Denise,
I bought a mold from history stones and now make my own columns, bases, and planters. Cost was around $100 shipped to my door, but I can make an unlimited amount for around $5 each for the concrete. Pretty easy to do, and you can buy molds to make fountains, mowing strips, stepping stones, etc.

Lee

o

Lee---THAT'S IT! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
CONSTANCE, type in "History Stones"----I'm going to order a column mold for sure. Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here