Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Gem Gardens, Eau Claire

Posted by heartsease z4a (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 12, 11 at 16:28

I was wondering if anyone knew if this place was still open to the public? The botanical gardens in Wausau are sponsoring a bus trip to Eau Claire in June so we're looking for some fun places to visit. Two for sure are Klinger Farms and Witt's Hosta Garden but thought we might have time for a third.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Gem Gardens, Eau Claire

I don't know their current status but here is a link to their web site--there is both an email & phone # on the contact page so give that a try.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gem Gardens

o

Thanks, Wirosarian! I'll give them a call. That looks like a perfect place for our picnic lunch that day.

o

I talked to Deb, one of the owners the other day and they are trying to sell the property but if they don't they will be open for the season. Deb was very nice and we have permission to picnic there. Hopefully, if they do sell, someone else will be interested in keeping it open to the public too. I'm always amazed at how generous garden people are.

o

This sounds like a really fun trip. I went to the RWMonk website http://home.rwmonkgardens.org/ and read about it. They are also having a luncheon on March 19th where Richard Witt (hostas) from Witt's gardens and Nate Bremer from Solaris Farms (daylilies) will be speaking. You can sign up for that on the website.
Catrina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here