Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Too early for seeds?

Posted by madisonkathy 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 16:47

(Wake up! Time to stop hibernating!) It happens every year. I start my seeds too early, and by the time I can put them outside, they're long and spindly. I'm anxious to get my hands dirty. Are there any flower or veggie seeds I can start now?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Too early for seeds?

Petunias and impatiens come to mind. Perhaps coleus as well.

tj

o

Thanks, tsuga, good to see you around. Hope when the weather gets warmer, we have a few more folks from 'scansin posting.

o

Your welcome, Kathy. I don't recall this forum being this dead before. And since this spring will be much longer in coming than last spring, we may only hear crickets chirping here for some time. ;-)

tj

o

I heat my greenhouse in the middle in of winter in Wisconsin with a natural gas heater. Watch my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvSb9bXj2B0

o

I know that I'm coming in here late so this is probably for next year. That early for Wisconsin planting I would start tomatoe and peppers. Why? because you can transfer them to bigger pots and you can prune them to bush them out and in the end you will have bigger more mature plants to put out and they should produce more because of the pruning. Don't forget, you can overwinter pepper plants. I have one that I am going to put out. It is sort of small right now, but I have not fed it anything all winter....I know, I'm a meanie but I've been sick ...all I could do to water it some of the time. I'm feeling better now and looking to start a brand new lasagna style back to eden type garden outside on my sandy soil. So sandy that the frackers are harvesting in practically in my back yard. I hate it. Thanks,vicki

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here