Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mr_mader

Just got back from Madison Garden Expo!!!

mr.mader
16 years ago

Just got back from Madison Garden Expo!, Was fun, but same as last year............................ Good time though.

Comments (6)

• Bob_Zn5
    16 years ago

Some of the seminars were pretty good. I thought the quality of speaker was better than in the past. We were there all day. Nasty drive back to Waukesha in the snow but well worth the trip. Madison puts the Milwaukee show to shame.

• rosepedal
    16 years ago

I wish we could have went. We were busy planting annuals and perr in the gh along with some wintersowing some perr for our zone. You are lucky you got to go..... Everyweekend there are chores.. Darn missed it again... Barb

• superdavefive
    16 years ago

I also went out to the Garden Expo in Madison on Saturday. I wasn't able to watch any seminars because I brought my whole family with me. I was impressed with some of the vendors. I got an iron trellis for $16! I also picked up some seeds and bulbs (this is the year I try elephant ears.)

I would like to thank Gardenweb member Cranberry15 for letting me know about this with her previous post. Please continue to post uncoming events in the area. I live in Waukesha, but Madison isn't that bad of a drive.

Thanks again!!!

• Bob_Zn5
    16 years ago

"I live in Waukesha, but Madison isn't that bad of a drive"
    Not usually, but it wasn't real pretty coming back around 4:30- 5pm Sat afternoon. We live closer to I43 than I94. I think I would have been better off taking 90 towards Beloit & cutting across to 43. Regardless, a good show.

• madisonkathy
    16 years ago

I think I want to stay off I90 for awhile. There's a patch of 90/94 just south of Madison that seems to be jinxed. First, the hundreds of cars that piled up in the fog, then the thousand-some cars that sat for over 12 hours with the snow and ice, then this past Sunday was another accident involving 10 cars that closed that same stretch of interstate again.

Btw, loved the Expo...bought Ivory Price hellebores (for $4!), some herbs, a few copper flowers, talked to Shelley Long (PBS, Wisconsin Gardener), sat in on a few seminars.
    The only thing that would get me out of the house at -10 would be gardens.

• cranberry15
    16 years ago

How'd you like those pot holes between Madison and Milwaukee?
    I enjoyed the show as well. I loaded up on heirloom seeds - that was my primary reason for driving over. Gonna try 2 new melons this year. And kale for the first time. Gotta start those seeds in a few weeks!!!!