Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
holly plant

Posted by masterofcoffee (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 20, 09 at 22:43

Hello,
Every year I have problems with my holly plants. Last year, I purchased some small holly plants, and with our heavy snow got crushed. This year I purchased a much larger, $50 holly. It had beautiful red berries, but as the snow melted from the recent heat wave, I found that this too had been crushed from the snow. Unfortunately, it gets covered from snow that falls off of the roof. What can I do to prevent further damage to the plant?
Thanks
Masterofcoffee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: holly plant

Move it away from roof snow fall? I have, or more properly had a row of blueberries under a 2nd story deck. My wife shoveled the snow off the deck and it all fell on the blueberries. They got shattered and died.

The moral: don't place valued plants where heavy snow will fall on them.

o
RE: holly plant

I plantd 5 holly plants under some spruce that the bottom branches are thining,they are totaly exposed to the wind
and get quite dry in summer.How much are yours growing per year.

lp

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here