Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Little Red's Market - Rothschild

Posted by eric30 5a (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 28, 09 at 3:33

This is south of Wausau off of old hwy 51. Last year I bought a 6 pack of tomato seedlings called "Rainbow Heirloom" (mixture of surprise heirlooms). Anyone have any idea what was in there? They didn't even know when I bought the plants. I saved seed from this big yellow slicer. The seedlings are growing great under my lights but I don't know what it is! Sure was tasty though, had like a hint of melon to it. Here are the seedlings.

Here is a link that might be useful: Yellow Slicer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Little Red's Market - Rothschild

Was it somewhat red inside and yellow/orangish outside? If so it's probably this.

o

Just a guy. It could possibly be this. They didn't look exactly like the photo but it is how you described. yellow orangish with red streaks inside! Did you get plants from them or do you have inside information or are you guessing?

o

I posted a photo of the tomato I am describing. It is the one out in front. It has the red patch on the blossom end like I have been reading in the descriptions of the 'Big Rainbow'. You can also pick out a few more of these in the picture. I want to call Red's to see if I can find out for sure.

Here is a link that might be useful: Big Rainbow?

o

Did you get plants from them or do you have inside information or are you guessing?

Just guessing.

o

Tomato Fest has probably the largest selection of heirlooms around, all with pictures.

the link will take you to their bicolored tomatos. They also sell Big Rainbow. If it is commercially available, Tomato Fest would have it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here