Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosta_haven

Favorite Madison/Sun Prairie Area Nurseries

Hosta_Haven
17 years ago

Okay, we had a posting about the Green Bay area nurseries so I thought we could have fun posting about our favorite nurseries in the Madison/Sun Prairie area.

I've only lived in DeForest for 18 months but here are the ones I've discovered thus far...

Favorite place for Hostas - Flower Factory in Stoughton. They have more than 400 varieties. They have several greenhouses and great perennials but I only get as far as the hosta house ;O). It's a bit of a trip for me, however, so I think I'd only do it once a summer. Also, with the $$ I spent, I can only AFFORD to go once a year. With gas prices what they are, a day trip w/other gardeners perhaps? If I lived close by, I'd be in BIG trouble! LOL

Orchids by the Acres in Waunakee - closer...nice selection of hostas and other perennials.

Jung's in Sun Prairie - very close for me. Plan to visit the original store in Randolph late spring for the first time.

America's Best in Cottage Grove - nice selection of everything - much bigger than Orchids by the Acres or Jungs.

Where do YOU like to buy plants in the Madison area? Please feel free to comment on the ones above or tell us about ones I haven't even discovered yet. Don't forget to tell us WHY it is a favorite.

Char

Comments (6)

Sponsored