Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
northwoodswis

Anyone want to go together on ordering some haskaps/honeyberries

northwoodswis
14 years ago

I was excited to learn that, as of this spring, a Canadian company can now send the newly-developed Saskatchewan honeyberries known as haskaps to the U.S. Their website is http://www.haskapcentral.com. The only hitch is that there is a $20 handling charge and $17 phytosanitary certificate charge per order, in addition to shipping charges. These new varieties are supposed to be far superior to the honeyberries previously available in the U.S. I am wondering if there is anyone in the Western Wisconsin-eastern Twin Cities area who would like to go together on ordering some borealis variety to help defray the costs? The company offers tundra, borealis, and some numbered varieties. If we buy 11 bushes, the price drops considerably, so even with postage and other fees, it would still figure out to about the same price per bush as the varieties of honeyberries now offered by companies like Gurneys, Raintree, Jungs, etc. You will still need another variety from one of those companies to use as a pollinator. I live in Hudson, WI, and have family in New Brighton, MN, that I visit frequently. Let me know if you are interested in going together on some. I will probaby order in about a week or two. Northwoodswis

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm