Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aka_margo

WooHoo it officially feels like spring!

aka_margo
17 years ago

Well it officially feels like spring to me! Went to Jung's today and drooled over the bare root room. I feel much better now that I was able to buy some shrubs and bulbs for the up coming gardening season.

Comments (14)

• Hosta_Haven
    17 years ago

Margo,

You went to Jung's? Lucky You! Do you go to the one in Randolph? I live just 15 minutes from the Sun Prairie store but my DH says he'll take me to Randolph's (the original, main store) late spring...I've never been there and am really looking forward to it.

I have all of my flower beds cleaned up except for my hosta beds. My neighbor man says I inspired him and he has cleaned out all the "brushy" area in the woods behind his house (like we did last year) and now he wants to make a short path through the woods. Looks like a wooded park back there now. He was so excited when I told him I'd give him a bunch of green/white hostas from the side of my garage (northern exposure)to edge his path! Little does he know that I want the space for some of the new hostas I ordered this spring...heeheehe...

Char

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

Well I didn't go to Jung's, not yet anyway. Hoping to make it to the one in Randolph myself. But, it did feel like spring on the bike ride I took.

• carriedaway
    17 years ago

Yay spring! I stopped at Jungs last week , grabbed a catolog and chatted with an employee and asked her what Randolph had that they didn't have (Sun Prairie) She said that they had pretty much the same as far as the bare root room, but not as far as the potted plants.
    But then I went to pick up my kids from school, and talked to someone there that has a greenhouse on hwy 19 told her the ptices they told me at Jungs for a lilac tree root and she told me her price for a potted lilac so I think I'm gonna check their greenhoue out before I make any purchases.
    Keep in mind, I have nothing growing now, pretty much starting from scratch except for removing rocks.

• Violet_Skies_
    17 years ago

Hi people...I'm a gardener in DeForest...(waving) :-) Are they giving out the Jung bucks yet??? :-)

• carriedaway
    17 years ago

Since I'm a new homeowner, I don't know what Jung bucks are could you fill me in?

• Hosta_Haven
    17 years ago

Hi, Neighbors! I live in DeForest, too! Carriedaway, you must be close. I know where that greenhouse on 19 is...right on the way to my chiropractor in Sun Prairie!

Jung's bucks...let's see if I get this right, Violet Skies, please correct me if I'm wrong. For each $10 you spend at Jungs, you are issued $1 in Jung Dollars. They are only good on certain days. Last year July 13-16; Oct. 12-15; and Dec 7-10 (houseplants? can't plant anything outside then). You use your Jung Dollars to get up to 50% off your purchase (not incl. sales tax). They are not valid for mail order/catalog sales. The 2006 Jung Dollars expired on Dec. 11, 2006...Nuts! I still have $8 left! I usually pin mine to my bulletin board so I don't lose them.

I assume they'd be giving the "bucks" out now. Carriedaway, did you purchase anything? If so, did they offer the "bucks" to you? Not knowing what they were, you might have said "no". I know I did before I moved to DeForest (was just visiting my son).

Char

• carriedaway
    17 years ago

Yep we're close, I'm in Sun Prairie I could walk to Jungs if I wanted to. I didn't buy anything though.

• Violet_Skies_
    17 years ago

I stick mine on the bulletin board too, and forgot to use them last season...grrr!!! I had a lot of them too. :-(

• buckhill
    17 years ago

They are giving out Jung dollars already--got my first in Feb! I used mine last year in December to buy a new Christmas tree stand and some really nice artificial garland for the deck--I had enough Jung $ to get them for half-price!

• zeedman Zone 5 Wisconsin
    17 years ago

Got fished in by the title, didn't know this thread was a Jung's promo. ;-) Personally, I'm not their biggest fan.

Yep, warm temperatures, first tornado watch of the season... kinda makes me feel like breaking ground & planting! Still too wet, though, with plenty more rain expected in the coming week - and next weekend the high is supposed to be only in the 30's for the Fox Cities. So it's a false alarm, but enjoyable none-the-less. Feels nice to be outside without a jacket.

But it is time to begin starting my plants; I usually start eggplant & some exotics sometime between the start of Spring & April Fools Day. And time to break out the tiller and get it tuned & running, so it's ready when the ground is.

• johnml
    17 years ago

Does this mean that no one else put a wreath of crocuses on their head, stripped off their clothes, got the ice out of the hose, turned on the sprinkler and danced back and forth through the spray singing "It's Spring! It's Spring It's past the vernal equinox! No more wool socks"?

No one?

Just me?

As a 35 year old transplanted South Carolinian I thought that was the Wisconsin custom. That's what the guys told me over a few beers a couple of decades ago.

No one?

Not even in Rhinelander? Or Ashland?

• heartsease
    17 years ago

Hey, those guys with the beer were razzing you ... that dance is saved for a weekend in July in Wisconsin! By then it's quite a dance with the mosquitoes out full force.

• johnml
    17 years ago

As a 35 year old transplanted South Carolinian

whoops , didn't say that right. I have been in Wisconsin 35 years. I am a wee tad older than 35.

• aka_margo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I was at the Jung's in Stephens Point. Plan on hitting the one in Randolph yet this spring. Zeedman, right now Jung's is one of the only nurseries open for people like me who have to get in their plant fix!! Otherwise I prefer a lot of other local nurseries over them!

Sponsored