Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring Is Here!!!!!!

Posted by lee53011 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 18, 06 at 20:24

Was working in the yard today, shredding branches, renewal pruning bushes, etc. I checked my perennial bed and at the very base just poking through was new growth!!! Tall garden phlox, Yarrow, Bee balm, and autumn joy sedum all showing new growth!! Hurray, the end is almost here!!! Must be time to start wintersowing my annuals.

Lee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring Is Here!!!!!!

My first Crocus of the year bloomed today in the cactus bed...WOOHOO!!

Dave
Franklin

o

Your messages are giving me hope that Spring will really arrive in central Wisconsin someday. We still have about 4" of snow & the temps here are not forcasted to get above 38 all week. (sigh) I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you for a while longer.
Colleen

o

Colleen, it's not any warmer here, trust me. Looks like we have to put up with some cold temperatures here, throughout the week, but can look forward to a warmer weekend!

o

My tulips are popping up too! We planted 40 to 60 in our tulip bed last fall. I can't wait to see them bloom :)

-Blossom

o

Blossom, sounds lovely--tulips are wonderful. Here's hoping the deer don't think so :0

Spring here is still a distant hope--we have well over a foot of snow yet, and daytime temps are barely cracking 30 (sigh).

On a happy note, things are poppin' in the greenhouse :)

Con.

o

Con,

I'm commiserating with you. We too have over a foot of snow on the ground, but it is melting. My garden journal tells me the lake went out during the first week of April last year, so there is hope!

Virginia

o

Crocus in a cactus bed? How's that workin' out for you?

Maybe a Turkish or Greek species?

I ask especially because my friend is always looking for non-cactus/succulents to mix in her cactus bed.

Rick

o

C. thomasianus...nice perple flowers. Very early and similar to chrysanthus. I also have a few species tulips scattered about in there as well.

Dave
Milwaukee

o

Thanks Dave!

o

Spring is here , yippeee. Crocus are blooming behind the house and this morning on the feeder I saw a blue bird :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here