Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madisonkathy

I see green!

madisonkathy
15 years ago

Although I know we're going to get more snow, it's so nice to start seeing green. My irises are popping up. The pachysandra is showing green through the snow, and the geese are flying north.

What are your first signs of spring?

Comments (8)

• justaguy2
    15 years ago

What are your first signs of spring?

The big box stores replacing their holiday stuff with lawn and garden stuff :)

• lpptz5b
    15 years ago

For a minute I thought you won the lottery,or your Irish.
    Either one would come in handy in March.

lp

• franked1
    15 years ago

Frist signs of spring? Green beer

• Kat SE Wisconsin z5
    15 years ago

Some of my daylilies and irises were popping up in February. The daylily leaves look ragged now though. 2 more weeks and hopefully I'll be see more growth.

Kat

• Rachel_WI_5
    15 years ago

Whatever green you may have seen, you'll have trouble finding it today, at least if you're anywhere near Lake Michigan. We're in the midst of a blizzard again, for the zillionth time this winter/spring. March is definitely coming in and continuing like a lion. The only green visible today is what's hanging heavily beneath the mounds of snow and ice on my large Colorado Blue Spruce and indoors on my plants waiting patiently to get back outside for the summer. Then to add to our misery, I get a phone call from my brother in Texas telling me the temperature there is 78 degrees and rising. Oh, well, that's life, I guess, at least here in Wisconsin.

• turquoise
    15 years ago

The irises and daylilies are coming, although I fear for them in the next few days! I've seen a few flocks of geese too. I better get my seeds going!

• mike1970
    15 years ago

Chives coming up between my patio bricks. Might have to wait a few more weeks since the 4-5 inches of snow we got on Saturday has not melted yet.

Mike

• athenainwi
    15 years ago

My crocuses are coming up. I saw a couple of them yesterday. I probably won't see any open until the weather warms up a bit though.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH