Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I see green!

Posted by madisonkathy 4 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 6, 09 at 21:40

Although I know we're going to get more snow, it's so nice to start seeing green. My irises are popping up. The pachysandra is showing green through the snow, and the geese are flying north.

What are your first signs of spring?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I see green!

What are your first signs of spring?

The big box stores replacing their holiday stuff with lawn and garden stuff :)

o

For a minute I thought you won the lottery,or your Irish.
Either one would come in handy in March.

lp

o

Frist signs of spring? Green beer

o

Some of my daylilies and irises were popping up in February. The daylily leaves look ragged now though. 2 more weeks and hopefully I'll be see more growth.

Kat

o

Whatever green you may have seen, you'll have trouble finding it today, at least if you're anywhere near Lake Michigan. We're in the midst of a blizzard again, for the zillionth time this winter/spring. March is definitely coming in and continuing like a lion. The only green visible today is what's hanging heavily beneath the mounds of snow and ice on my large Colorado Blue Spruce and indoors on my plants waiting patiently to get back outside for the summer. Then to add to our misery, I get a phone call from my brother in Texas telling me the temperature there is 78 degrees and rising. Oh, well, that's life, I guess, at least here in Wisconsin.

o

The irises and daylilies are coming, although I fear for them in the next few days! I've seen a few flocks of geese too. I better get my seeds going!

o

Chives coming up between my patio bricks. Might have to wait a few more weeks since the 4-5 inches of snow we got on Saturday has not melted yet.

Mike

o

My crocuses are coming up. I saw a couple of them yesterday. I probably won't see any open until the weather warms up a bit though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here