Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heartsease_gw

Anyone start seeds yet?

heartsease
13 years ago

I have! Under the lights are daylily seedlings, downy sage, verbena rigida, lavender stock, blue abutilon, roseroot and echinacea. Outside for winter sowing are two different delphiniums, viola, asclepias, primrose, and foxglove. Hurry spring!

Comments (12)

• jesse276
    13 years ago

I just ordered my seeds today and I'm in the process of planning out my new garden.

I've had gardens in the past, but the wife and I just bought a house, so I'll be starting from scratch... for better or for worse.

It sounds like you're really prepared for spring... it's so close, especially with forecasts for some days to hit 60 next week!

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    13 years ago

Petunias, impatiens and coleus are underway. Zinnias and marigolds are next in about 10 days.

tj

• swaray
    13 years ago

Me!

I've got under lights onions, cauliflower, hot chilis and snapdragons. Sweet peppers just sprouted today and today I also planted 4 types of lettuce. Can't wait for spring!

Jessica

• keriann_lakegeneva
    13 years ago

Oh yeah... lots started!

The link is to pictures over on the starting from seed forum

Keriann~

Here is a link that might be useful: My seedlings 2011

• heartsease
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sounds like you are all off and running. Keriann, what's in the bigger pots to the back? Now I've started gaillardia, portulaca, agastache, talinum, celosia, petunias, rudbeckia, angelonia, melissa and impatiens. I've tried to tweak when to start seeds with a calendar and how happy I am when I set them out. If they are too small I move them ahead for the next year a couple of weeks, too huge and they go back.

• sconnielill
    13 years ago

I'm starting my tomato seeds today. Will probably get to the peppers sometime this week. I got a mini greenhouse for xmas so I'm very excited to see how it works for seed starting.

• skeip
    13 years ago

Peppers yesterday, Tomatoes in two weeks. Snow is finally off the garden after all that rain yesterday and I can see the Garlic starting to sprout.

• keriann_lakegeneva
    13 years ago

Heartsease: They are eggplants if you are asking about the ones below:
    {{gwi:229317}}

Here are some others....

{{gwi:229319}}

and some BIG maters!!

{{gwi:229327}}

• misss
    13 years ago

I started the tomatoes today. The cole crops were started last week. Also started last week, some Salvia greggii, Lychnis, Amaryllis and rudbeckia.
    Keriann, I hope that we have an early spring or you will be having home grown tomatoes right out of your house. Your plants look great.

• mandolls
    13 years ago

Tomatoes (five kinds), Eggplant, Peppers (sweet & hot) Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli, Parsley, Lettuce (mixed leaf & baby romaine), Spinach, Echinacia, Bachelor Buttons, Lychnis, Zinnia, Asters, Alyssum, Lobelia, Cilantro, Basil (Genovese, Licorice, Amethyst), Russian Tarragon, and Mint, all under lights. Plus a buch of winter sowed seeds that I am not remembering right now and sure cant read the labels under all the snow!

About 2/3 of the indoor seeds have sprouted in the last week and are looking good. the rest I am still looking for. I'm waiting til mid April to start most of the rest. Hoping I can turn my raised beds into cold frames and put out the cold weather veg then, so I will have more room under the lights.

• sconnielill
    13 years ago

I setup my xmas present - a mini greenhouse - and started my tomato seeds today. I'm hoping starting the seeds today is still early enough to have decent sized plants by mid/late May for planting in the ground.

• athenainwi
    13 years ago

I just started my tomatoes and eggplant. I can't wait for spring.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus