Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homeandfriends

question about Bells of Ireland

homeandfriends
18 years ago

Hi everyone. Has anyone ever planted Bells of Ireland, or know anything about them? I am planning on planting some but I don't have any experience with them. Never actually heard of them before. Any insights would be appreciated. Thank you all.

Comments (3)

• flwrpowr
    18 years ago

Hi homeandfriends,

Bells of Ireland were very easy for me to grow. Sow the seeds directly and once established they will reseed themselves. Mine grew in full sun with dappled shade from other plants when small. They were planted in an area where the ground was not real dry. That is just my experience though_there may be other options in the instructions on the back of package.

• juerge
    18 years ago

I agree, Bells of Ireland are easy to grow. I grew them from seed 3 years ago and they do self-seed, but not invasively, at least not in my garden.

They are great flowers for bouquets. They do have a "clovey" smell that I like, but know some people that don't.

I have grown them in full sun and light shade. The plants don't grow as upright in the light shade, but they still do ok.

I really like them (but you probably figured that out already).

• homeandfriends
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the responses flwrpowr and juerge. I am planning on planting them in a dappled shade area. My delphiniums grow well there, so I am hoping the bells will too. It is kind of a damp woodland setting, but the daylilies like it there too. Wish me luck. Thank you.

Sponsored