Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I buy bulk organic compost in Green Bay/Appleton area?

Posted by cukesalad 5a (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 20, 11 at 16:15

Does anyone know of a good source for bulk organic compost in the Green Bay/Appleton area? I am in need of it for some raised beds that we're building. Thanks. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I buy bulk organic compost in Green Bay/Appleton ar

I know of a guy around pulaski that will deliver 5 yards composted horse manure for $75. I have the number at my store -if you haven't found any yet let me know and i'll shoot you the number

Also, down towards appleton area, think it was on evergreen running parallel to hwy 41 I saw a sign for organic compost.

o

Thank you! I will check out that Appleton lead.

o

I am also interested in finding a good source of organic compost in the Green Bay/ Pulaski area do you know the number or location of the source in Pulaski that will deliver 5 yards for $75? Also do you have a number for the Appleton source by chance??? Thank you for your help!

o

Also looking for composted organic manure for my garden in the Pulaski WI area. Any numbers or email addresses?

o

Petersens Compost on Ballard Rd in Appleton. It's a working dairy farm so you have to call ahead to make sure someone is there.

o

I got mine from this guy, this stuff is well aged like 10 years, it's full of worms so it must be good. i don't know if any if left this is a copy of his add.

Well aged and composted horse manure. 200 yards available. $10 per yard. 5 very generous yards at a time in our dump trailer. Call Dan 920-366-0644

o

There is a mushroom farm in Fond du Lac area that sells compost..from the growing area..don't have address or $$$

o

I just got 10 yards of nicely composted horse manure from Dan 920-366-0644. He dumped it right in front of my garden gate and I took it from there. He said he has over 400 yards left so to spread the word if anyone else needs it. The price was reasonable. He delivers to Green Bay, Suamico, Appleton etc. and charges by the mile for delivery. I am hoping my garden will do much better next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here