Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bugs look like white beans

Posted by wigardenerwannabe Z5 WI (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 11, 10 at 17:06

I keep finding a bug on my dog that looks like a white bean, and holds on to him such that they have to be pulled off gently to avoid causing bleeding. Any idea what they might be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bugs look like white beans

How long have you been in Wisconsin? Get thee to the vet for some Frontline or other tick preventive! You don't want these on your pets!

Here is a link that might be useful: tick images

o

I thought my dog had a growth tumor.It kept getting bigger and bigger .then one day it fell off and I picked it up and put it on my desk snd it started crawling away.I learned something that day .Get a good flea and tick collar or Frontline or ? Mine looked just like row 2 picture 1 in the link.

o

Thanks for that feedback. I did a google search after I posted this and realized that they were tics. I guess I had never seen photos of them engorged, as I thought they looked much smaller and black. He now has Frontline on him and I realize I will need to be very careful when working in the garden to protect myself!

o

Yup, the only thing worse than a tick stuck on your dog is a tick stuck on you! I've had that happen a time or two. Too bad they don't make a 'Frontline' product for humans, LOL.

o

If we could use Frontline or somethng like it, I'd be right at the front of the line with you.

o

me, too. I found a site that is much cheaper than my vet. Email me if you want the addy--

o

"If we could use Frontline or somethng like it, I'd be right at the front of the line with you"

I'm not one to reach for chems... yet.. how much of this 'Frontline' do you suppose your system takes in with a pet living in the house.. or your handling of your pet/s?

Your not being real if you think the amount is nothing....

Then the Q becomes.. at what level is this "safe" for humans...? Whatever "safe" is...... something very often loosely addressed via the large corps.. and the sleeping FDA
which is nearly non functional.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here