Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janetpetiole

Foxfire Botanical Gardens

janetpetiole
17 years ago

Have you been to Foxfire yet? Lovely gardens and anyone with a passion for hosta must go. Centrally located in Marshfield Wisconsin, it's a day trip for most of us. I didn't know this place existed until last weekend. Now it's a place I'd like to go to often, not just to buy hosta, but also to see the garden change throughout the season.

Check out their website.

foxfiregardens.com

Comments (5)

• buckhill
    17 years ago

I visited Foxfire Gardens last summer for the first time--great place and wonderful people. We were on a bus trip, so Steve the owner talked to us about the development of the gardens, and we had lunch in the Tea House. (And I bought beautiful hostas!) We also visited nearby Jurrustic Park--what a riot! A garden junk paradise! And Clyde has a story for every creature you'll see there. Lots of fun for a day away.

• aphrodite
    17 years ago

I'm grinning while I read this thread. I live in Marshfield and know these places and the people well. I have one or two of Clydes creations in my garden. My good friend was married in the Foxfire Gardens and we had lovely deserts in the tea house. There are summer classes for a variety of crafts (painting, glass beads, zen gardening) at both places for a week every summer. Every year I say I am going to sign up and I get busy and don't. I agree they are fun places to visit.

Shirley

• janetpetiole
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Shirley, you are so lucky to live close to Foxfire. I was so impressed with the place I tell everyone I know about it, but I think it's impossible to express how impressive the place really is. You have to see it for yourself.

Have you been there this year? They have a little rock garden with mini hostas. Steve gets really excited talking about them. My head was spinning so I couldn't take it all in. I had bought enough bigs ones, but next time I go, I'll have to get a few minis.

• aphrodite
    17 years ago

No I have not been there this year. I will have to go check it out.

• dig_deeper
    17 years ago

Ever since I learned about Foxfire Gardens, I've wanted to go. Last week, while on vacation from work, my fiancee and I took the road trip. I bought 3 wonderful hostas, but could have easily purchased more. I love the way they are displayed for sale. The potted hostas for sale are in bins in front of a row of mature plants. That way, a person can see what the mature plant will look like. They also mail-order for those of you who cannot take the time for the road trip. Their website has the list of hostas for sale. I too love the mini hostas but haven't found an appropriate way to display them yet. One year ago I potted up all my hostas and moved to a new home. This took weeks of digging and replanting.

We also visited Jurrustic Park and couldn't believe the sense of humor of the owner, nor the size of some of his creations. The stuff was outrageous! (Funny, I mean.)

Dig

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm