Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandylovesflowers

Green Bay Botanical Gardens

sandylovesflowers
17 years ago

Have any of you gone to this Fair? I found this info under their website. What's it like? Worth the trip?

June 3 · 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, June 4 · 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 22nd Annual Garden Fair

(Members Only Preview: Friday, June2 · 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.)

If you like gardeningÂif you really like gardening, GBBG's 22nd Annual Garden Fair is the place to be! A traditional favorite, the Garden Fair features over 100 vendors of garden plants, landscaping ideas, accessories, gardening demonstrations and presentations, music, and food.

Admission: $5 per person

Thanks for your input!

Sandy

Comments (8)

• krensgarden
    17 years ago

I think the fair is worth the trip, we usually go every year, but we only live 13 miles away. There are vendors from all over the area and just about every kind of plant and gardening related thing you can think of to tempt you. They have free shuttle buses running all day long that take you right to the gate and then back again to the parking lot, just watch for the shuttle bus signs. Plus, the admission fee includes admittance to the gardens and they are beautiful. Hope to see you there! Karen

• sandylovesflowers
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Karen, Thanks for the input. I lived in Green Bay for many years, but before my "gardening days" and have never attended the event. I think I am going to drive up to meet with a few of my sisters (who live in the area) and check it out! Have fun!!

Sandy

• janetpetiole
    17 years ago

Sandy, I went one year, didn't know what to expect and didn't have a nice time, it was my fault and I've learned a few things. For one, I didn't know about the shuttle. If you plan on buying any plants, bring something to carry them in. People who were buying had wagons or some other little wheeled cart. I had three hostas that I had to carry, plus I had a purse with me that was even more of a burden. By the time I got back to the car, I was overheated, muddy, the hosta were drooping, my feet ached and my arms were shaking.

I'll go again, but only if I have something with wheels to carry plants, or someone who will carry the plants for me.

• sandylovesflowers
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Janet-thanks for your feedback. Do you know, can you take wheeled carts on the shuttle? The other question I had for everyone, was what kind of plants are there for purchase? Are they the same plants/same prices, that I would see at their Nursery? Or.... will I be able to find the more unusual there?

Thanks!

Sandy

• janetpetiole
    17 years ago

I don't know about the shuttle, but as far as variety and prices, it's pretty much like going anywhere. Some places charge an arm and a leg for common plants, some places don't. The same goes for variety- it depends on the vendor. It seems every place I look for plants will have a couple of choices that you don't find anywhere else. The nice thing about the Garden Fair is there are so many vendors in one place, you will most likely find something you want.

• sandylovesflowers
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, I am on my way up there! Can't wait to see everything!

Sandy

• janetpetiole
    17 years ago

Beautiful day for it!

I'd love to hear what you thought and bought ;-)

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

Well I went there for the first time. Wonderful day for it. Personally, I thought the prices were a little to high. Few variety, lot of common stuff that if I could sell for what they were charging, I'd have a gold mine!
    Did notice as we were leaving they had a plant spot to hold any you had purchased till you were ready to leave. Although it didn't matter neither of us had anything to of put there, but if we'd of known.... It also happend to be locate by the only spot where we hadn't yet been to look at plants. So guess they do save the best for last, for did purchase enchinanea there for decent price, seeing how they were knocking $2.oo off of their perennials than:)

We hit the Appleton MasterGardener sale next, a little late :) They were already starting to pack up. Not that bad though, most everything was half off or more.:)

There is a Master Gardener Plant sale at Waupaca Fairgrounds tomorrow. Which is located in city of Weyauwega. Never been to that one either. Too bad have to work....:( Oh, well, maybe next year. Or maybe when there closing. LOL

Enjoy the outdoors tomorrow, if you couldn't today.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio