Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
seeking smokebush

Posted by yardmartyr 5 IL (My Page) on
Tue, May 21, 13 at 11:58

OK, I live on the border, so it feels pretty Wisconsin-y! I am just trying to locate a nursery in either Lake County, IL or any of the lower counties of WI (Green, Rock, Walworth, Kenosha) that might have smokebushes. I don't understand why these things are so hard to find. I see them all over in people's yards (maybe I should stop and ask--that's going on my To Do list) but I can't find any place that sells them. Specifically I'm looking for Golden Spirit and Royal Purple. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seeking smokebush

Pesche's in Lake Geneva has them.. not sure what variety though. I got one there about 5 years ago and I love it!

You can also try Burlington Garden Center

Keri~

o

Great--thanks a lot!

o

• Posted by ericwi Dane County WI (My Page) on
    Wed, May 22, 13 at 20:06

I saw two smokebush shrubs at Menards this afternoon. Menards is a building supply company with multiple outlets in Wisconsin. This particular store is located in Madison, on Broadway, near HWY 51.

o

Hey, I live just a couple miles from a Menard's. Maybe they have some. It never even occurred to me to check there. Thanks!

o

Thanks, ericwi! Menard's had what I wanted and at a fantastic price. The smokebush has been in the ground for about a week and seems very happy. I was also looking for a Golden Spirit smokebush but the only ones I located were far away and very expensive. But I found one on ebay. Let's see how it turns out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here