Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
learningasigo

Frost warning

learningasigo
16 years ago

There is a frost warning for much of WI tonight.

Comments (7)

• Kat SE Wisconsin z5
    16 years ago

The weather channel says a low of 42...but there's a frost advisory between 1am and 7am. Fox6 says a low of 40. I stay up really late, so I'll see what happens. Thing is, all my hosta are up and out and those are the perennials I worry about. I just hope they don't get damaged.

Kat

• justaguy2
    16 years ago

Weather reports are so terrible this time of year. The weather.com and other sources all said the low tonite would be 35F and a frost advisory was in effect.

It is 315am and the weather.com says it is 37F in my county. My own remote weather station says it is 43.5F. According to weather.com it will now start warming to a high of 71. So the forecast was for 35F for the low, but it was really 43F and then warming started.

How do these weather people expect to be taken seriously?

• Kat SE Wisconsin z5
    16 years ago

Well around midnite I started bringing my just bought plants inside and covered my pots. It was down to 40 and I didn't want to take a chance. Too much money! LOL!! It's 38 right now (4am) by me so I'm glad I brought them in. It's 48 by Mitchell Field and I'm only a little over 2 miles west of it. Guess the lake must be keeping them warmer. The next few nites look ok.
    Justaguy, I know what you mean about the differences with the weather channels. I think I'll take everything with a grain of salt.

Kat

• learningasigo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, I live in SE WI just over the WI/IL border and I woke up to find a light frost over my yard early this morning. I covered my tomato plants and brought my annual baskets inside last night. I hope it didn't damage any of my perennials, some of which I just planted on Mother's Day. Oh, well....

• justaguy2
    16 years ago

No frost here in Dodge County. My thermometer has a min/max feature for the last 24 hours and it indicates the temps didn't go below 40F. Forecast said 35F.

• elvis
    16 years ago

Wed. night Conover got down to 23! Poor guys. I'm 10 miles south of that in Eagle River, where my thermo read 30. There was white frost on some of the lawn, but NOTHING got zapped, thank you very much. We think the breeze from the north hits our lake, then rolls up to the yard, warming the air from the lake. Seems logical to me; some kinda micro-clime?

Constance.

• Kat SE Wisconsin z5
    16 years ago

The only perennials I worried about were my hostas and they look fine today. I don't think we got a frost, haven't heard anything about it, but I just didn't want to take a chance on losing any of my annuals.
    Beautiful day out there today...68 and sunny. Hopefully we are past the cold weather.

Kat

Sponsored