Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

What will grow in a stone planter ?

toomuchglass
11 years ago

There's so many garden forums , I couldn't figure out where to ask this! Since I'm in South Milwaukee ,I thought I'd start here.

**Waving hi to my neighbors !**

I'm Kathy ,I usually hang out at the GW crafty forums . Nice to meet you ! Here's my problem . My small yard is a plant cemetery . I only have a few growing spots. Everything seems to die for me. ( I don't have a green thumb ,so maybe it's me ) I have an internet friend that lives in New Hampshire - she dug up 3 plants out of her garden & sent them to me -- guaranteed easy to grow !

Bless her ! Now , here's my question. I have a big stone planter in my yard. It's 3' x 3' x 3' x3' and 4 foot deep. It's filled with good top soil. I'm tired of planting annuals in it - I'm looking for something that will come up every year .There HAS to be SOMETHING ! - a bush or a plant , something that will survive our winters ! Do you know what it is ? The planter, like most of my yard , gets the afternoon sun. I'm jumping with joy at my NH plants !!! Do you know what grows in a stone planter ?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville