Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hosta Lovers in Eau Claire Area

Posted by kiendu WIS z4 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 21, 06 at 15:35

Dick Witt is having his "Hosta Walkabout" and sale this weekend. He has little trails and walks throughtout a wooded area filled with mature hostas and companion plants. They hosted the "Hosta Jamboree" for the Hosta Society a few years ago. It's a place to see!! I've only been there once, but I definately want to go back!

This is his ad in the Eau Claire paper:

Huge HOSTA SaleTremendous variety. LARGE SPECIMENS available. Enjoy a walkabout in this area's Largest Hosta and Shade Garden. I94 to Eau Claire. Exit 65. South on Hwy 37 - 6 mi. Left (East) turn into Rim Rock Hills. W2585 Rim Rock Rd. June 23-25, 9 am to 6 pm. 715-834-0447

I'm going on Saturday! I just want to "walkabout" thru his gardens even if I don't buy anything! (like that's gonna happen??)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta Lovers in Eau Claire Area

hi....was it worth the trip???

i missed it....jill

o

It was gorgeous. Spent 4 hours just looking and walking. He's got some HUGE hostas. I can't imagine the years it's taken him to accomplish it. And they're so nice and helpful... if you have a question Dick will take all the time needed to help. He's just a well of hosta information. At least they don't have to mow their lawn, they have a huge lot and it's all hosta, paths and companion plants.

I bought three and my daughter bought one. (So much for just looking)

I bought: Bobbie Sue (4 eyes), Liberty (1 big eye), and Winter Snow.(2 eyes)

Daughter bought a loyalist. (3 eyes) She usually gets her new ones from me, but my loyalists aren't being divided for a few years... they're young.

He's got some more that I want so I'll be going back again. He said they're always "open", just call to be sure they're home.

o

when is the hosta sale Phoenix park

o

does he have the "gentle giant"hosta that is the one i am looking for

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here