Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiendu

Are you from the Osseo WI area?

kiendu
17 years ago

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone is a "neighbor" of mine... or at least a 30 mile radius neighbor. Would be nice to know someone locally to trade with or share info on where to find the best plants in our area, ect. I'm more of a hosta collector, but also have lots of other perennials.

Osseo is about 30 miles south of Eau Claire, 45 miles north of LaCrosse.

Surrounding towns include: Whitehall, Independence, Arcadia, Galesville, Augusta, Fall Creek, Fairchild, Eleva, Strum, Black River Falls and Eau Claire/Chippewa Falls.

Thanks!

Comments (6)

• faeriesdragon
    17 years ago

I am from Eau Claire.

• garden4bees
    17 years ago

Hi,
    I live in Eau Claire too.

I just went to the Master Gardeners Meeting. I was invited to go along by a friend and neighbor of mine. Great group of people! They said that the North American Lily Show is in Eau Claire this year. July 12-16th.
    Jo-Ann

• kiendu
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I've been wondering about the "Master Gardener" thing. What do you have to do to join? Does it matter where you live? I mean, can I attend meetings in Eau Claire if I live in Trempealeau County? I'm going to have to go to that Lily Show. I have alot of daylilies and I'd like to remember the names!! Should of labeled them. Where is it at in Eau Claire?

• wirosarian_z4b_WI
    17 years ago

Hi kiendu,

I live in EC but grew up on a farm just outside of Pigeon Falls. I belong to 2 garden clubs in EC, Otter Creek Garden Club, an "all types of gardening" club that meets monthly in EC & the Chippewa Valley Rose Society, the west central WI affliate of the American Rose Society. If you would like more info, let me know.

Larry
    karm3@yahoo.com

• kiendu
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'd like the Otter Creek Club information. I don't have many roses, so I wouldn't know a thing at the CVRS meetings. But, a once a month meeting would be fun! I work in Whitehall, so I drive thru Pigeon Falls twice every day. We actually live on E, on the way to Pleasantville, so we're almost half way to Pigeon. My last name is Maug. A girl I work with grew up just outside Pigeon too, her maiden name was Menk. I graduated from Osseo back in 1978 and knew quite a few people from the Pigeon area at that time. Most have moved away but I'm still here... guess I always will be now. I'm too old for that much change now! Anyway, I'd love info on the Otter Creek Club. Maybe we'll visit and find we know a lot of the same people around here?

• garden4bees
    17 years ago

Your county extention office will give you information on the Master Gardeners in your county.

The North American Lily Society 's 59th Annual Lily show is starting in Eau Claire today, Wednesday, July 12-16th. at the Ramada Convention Center downtown. Check out www.lilies.org There is a fee to go but I think you can see the lilies after the judging is finished for free. This show is for real lilies. Daylilies are not at this show. daylilies are under the classification of hemerocallis.

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012