Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
violet_skies_

This week's garden

Violet_Skies_
16 years ago

The cucumbers and cantaloupes are both about 8" tall right now...so is the eggplant. My first year growing eggplant, it sure is slow, but it does have two buds on it! Garden Peach, Silvery Fir Tree, Black Krim and Amish Paste tomatoes all have between 1 and 5 fruits, from marble size to almost mature. Garlic is huge, starting to die down a little. Bush beans doing great, should have blooms any minute now, as well as the snow peas. Dill is about a foot tall, its a short variety. Daylilies budding. Raspberries big fat and juicy, been picking for almost a week. Cilantro gone to seed, will plant those for a 2nd round this fall. Poppies mostly done blooming, big seed heads now. Datura getting big, no blooms yet. Parsley doing great. Other herbs too. Jalapenos, red apple peppers, and mini jingle bell peppers all have small fruit. Bok Choi badly munched by cabbage moth worms...letting it go to seed and will replant in the fall, remembering to cover it this time...I think that's everything...oh, and morning glories and cardinal climbers each a couple of feet tall now, climbing the trellises.

How's your garden growing??

I'm in DeForest, WI, just north of Madison.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Creations Landscape Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Industry Leading Landscape Architects & Designers in Virginia