Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'G' Photos

Posted by luvtosharedivs 5a WI (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 07 at 9:27

Geranium, 'Brookside', one of the longest blooming perennial Geraniums I have. It has tall stems that somewhat flop after heavy rains, then peak up from between surrounding plants. The centers start sending up a new mound of growth, quickly hiding the bare spot left from the original flopping stems:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Geum, 'Blazing Sunset'. This flower is only 1" in diameter. I had to move it away from Jupiter's Beard, because the colors clashed something awful! It's a vigorous, long blooming plant:

Please share your "G" Photos!

Julie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'G' Photos

'Gold Standard' Hosta -this is a classic must have for every garden!

'Gypsy Rose' Hosta

o

Margo,

Yes, I have several 'Gold Standard' Hostas around my yard. I especially like them in the Fall when their centers REALLY turn gold.

Your 'Gypsy Rose' Hosta reminds me of my 'Strip Tease' Hosta. Maybe they're related?

Julie

o

Yes, 'Gypsy Rose' is a sport of 'Striptease'. The difference between them is that "Gypsy Rose' is smaller and the center is yellow.

o

I like it! Will have to look for it to add to my collection.

Thanks for the follow up.

Julie

o

I got a new camera today. So had to go out and take some pictures.
'Gaucamole' Hosta
'Grand Master' Hosta
Geraniums

o

Great photos with your new camera, Margo!
And what are those lovely magenta flowers floating over your 'Grand Master' Hosta?

Julie

o

"...And what are those lovely magenta flowers floating over your 'Grand Master' Hosta? ..."

They appear to be Knautia to me.

tj

o

Yep TJ you are right, they are knautia.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here