Hosta, 'Fire and Ice':

Daylily:

{{gwi:1352709}}

Please share your "F" photos!

Julie

Comments (8)

• aka_margo
    16 years ago

That is a very nice looking Fire & Ice, mine is still tiny.

'Frances William' Hosta

• daddylonglegs
    16 years ago

That fire and ice is cool. I like the giant blue hosta you had posted earlier, I think you need to start feeding it meat! I have that Fairytale pink and Frances William, for some reason I thought Frances William was a little creamier on the edges, maybe I don't have Frances William.

Feverfew

• luvtosharedivs
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, both of you!

Margo, your Francis Williams looks much more blue than mine!
    And mine also has creamier edges.

Daddy-l-l,
    That is such a beautiful shot of your feverview. I like yours better than mine, which shows very little yellow, since it's a double:

Julie

• janetpetiole
    16 years ago

I like both types of feverfew and will have to add at least one to my garden.

• kimberlyk57
    16 years ago

Here's some pictures from back in early May of my two favorite and oldest clematis. You know the saying "1st year they sleep, 2nd year they creep, and 3rd year they leap"? Well, the Fireworks one really leaped this year and I think next year will be Fuji-Musume's turn. What's funny is just before "Fireworks" started blooming, my husband commented on how he doesn't really like that variety. He thinks it's too "loud, and in-your-face". It's hard to tell from this photo but the colors are really vivid. Then it went crazy! My neighbor (on the other side of the fence) had over 10 flowers on her side of the fence too. She loved them! I told my husband to please go ahead and insult or criticize some of the other plants in my garden! :)

"Fireworks" clematis (type 2)

"Fuji-musume" clematis (type 2)

I was really mad when Fuji-musume first bloomed after I bought it because it starts off purplish and I bought it because it was described as blue. However, as hopefully you can see, it starts off dark and fades over time to a beautiful blue.

Kimberly

• luvtosharedivs
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lovely 'Fireworks'! So nice and full....Many of mine have "skinny" legs and then fill out at the top of the fence. I need to think of something to plant at their bases to hide the bare legs!

Julie

• kimberlyk57
    16 years ago

Julie,

Part of the reason it is so full is that I cut it back pretty far even though it's a type 2. It only has 2 main stems and since it's a pretty young plant (3 or 4 years old) I've been trying to encourage it to send up some more shoots from the bottom. Nothing so far but those 2 main shoots sent off a bunch of side ones this year. The only thing that is affected by cutting it back further is the bloom time is pushed back a bit. On the Fuji-Musume, I accidently cut one of the main branches this spring when I was trying to cut out the morning glory vines that were left from last year. So part of it bloomed and then the second part started blooming just about when the first part finished. It worked out pretty well so I think I'll do it on purpose next year.

Kimberly

• janetpetiole
    16 years ago

Your Fuji-Musume is stunning!

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors