Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tootswisc

mosquitoes

tootswisc
17 years ago

OMG...have you been to your garden this morning!

Comments (7)

• janetpetiole
    17 years ago

We've been in a partial drought for a while. I've only seen three mosquitoes this summer.

• putzer
    17 years ago

At the beginning of summer, they were getting bad but now (like janet said-the drought) I hardly see any.

• aka_margo
    17 years ago

I have 'em when I try to go out at night when it's cooler to plant. But they are not nearly as bad as this spring.

• mike1970
    17 years ago

Haven't seen many since June, when they were pretty bad. But I don't think we get as many here near the lake (Sheboygan) as they get inland. And there's not any marshy areas near my house, which helps too.

• elvis
    17 years ago

They're intense here. I use the Avon 'Expedition' (no DEET, and it works for me). Sure hope it's not a 'trigger' to give me some cootie down the line...

DH, on the other hand, isn't bothered by mosquitoes. Says I must have sweet blood--

• tootswisc
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Maybe I am getting used to them. Seems like they all hatched last Friday night. I seldom use bug stuff but did on Sat. morning. I found myself cursing and decided to use some repellant rather than curse in the garden-what would my beans think to hear me talk like that! This morning was not so bad though.

• zeedman Zone 5 Wisconsin
    17 years ago

"We held the day in the palm of our hand.
    They ruled the night..." -Billy Joel, in "Goodnight Saigon"

Ok, maybe that's obscure... Here in the Fox Valley, there is no reprieve. My main garden is maybe a mile from Lake Poygan, so the mosquitos haven't really let up all summer. Come sundown, if you are not wearing Deet, you're running for your life.