danger of plastic

pondwelr
15 years ago

I'm going green

Here is a link that might be useful: slideshow

Comments (5)

• mail-lady
    15 years ago

Oh My Gosh !! A picture is worth a thousand words, that's unbelievable -- I go thru dozens of different plastic bags a day -- plastic on the garden, from the grocery store -- leftovers - on and on - I'll think about it first, from now on tho. Thanks for the site, let's all Go Green!

• ryan1900
    15 years ago

Plastic is really a hazardous matter to earth. The after effects of plastic is really unpredictable. The usage of plastic will destroy the ozone layer which is protecting us from ultra violet rays.

==================================
    Ryan

Here is a link that might be useful: Addiction Recovery Wisconsin

• mommie_rose
    15 years ago

This is why I use canvas bags! I've actually been working to slowly eliminate as much plastic from my life as I can. Way to go Pondy!

• bellabloom
    15 years ago

I ask for paper bags when I go to the grocery store. They are great table covers for when the kids do arts and crafts and they breakdown in the compost bin wonderfully. They are perfectly safe to compost because they contain less ink than newspaper and haven't been bleached through chemical processes.

Also, a gardening friend of mine experimented using the grocery store brown paper bags as a weed barrier in her gardens and it worked beautifully! The plants thrived and the weeds were down to a bare minimum. Next season I will be doing the same with the paper bags I have saved up over the winter months.

What really gets me is as a stay-at-home mom of 3 boys, trying to save money is a big deal. Super Wal-Mart has the best prices for general food products however they do not use paper bags. If you want paper bags you have to actually go and purchase them in the store first. So I have cut back how often I shop at Wal-Mart and when I do I take my canvas totes - I just can't do my huge shopping trips because I don't have enough canvas totes. *sigh*

• pondwelr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I only have one canvas bag. A gift from my daughter.
    However, I have asked for paper bags lately, so have quite a few. I will take them along when I shop this week.
    We can only do what we can for right now, right?

Bellabloom,you are so politically correct. Thank goodness that there are some among us out there. For sure, I will buy some string or twine bags to use.
    Pondy

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH