Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Before and After pics

Posted by daddylonglegs z5 WI (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 07 at 13:43

I finally went after a bed that's been an eyesore for 12 years. This sloped bed faces south, ground gets rock hard.
I'll probably leave it like this for a while to see if the weeds are under control before I dig into it again.
I'd love to hear/see other ideas for an area like this.

Before:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Before and After pics

Wow!
That's quite an improvement! I love the looks of the bottom bed. The only thing is, the grasses seem to block some of the view of the beautiful flowers behind them. But I suppose if you look at the scene from a different angle, you can see the upper bed just fine.

Good landscaping job!

Julie

o

Good point about the grass Julie, in this case though this bed is a transition from the flower garden to the vegetable garden. So you are looking back at the flower garden, you need to go thru there to get to this bed. So the grass is more of a hint that something more is coming up when you are in the flower garden, and when you get to this bed you are looking back.

On that subject, a row of ornamental peppers would be a cool transition, halfway between a veggie and an ornamental plant? Maybe next year.

o

I don't have any suggestions, but I just wanted to say you made a huge improvement it looks great!

o

Sedum sieboldiana would hang down nicely over the edge and stay neat. Gets a nice flower late in the year as well.

tj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here