Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvtosharedivs

''J'' Photos

luvtosharedivs
16 years ago

I think I'll speed things along with the photo alphabet, in order to catch up with the "M" photo tj posted a few days ago. (LOL)!

This little guy is a rather short Joe Pye Weed, that is barely peeking its head above purple cone flowers. It should be taller next year, since the first year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap. I think I may have to move some PC fls away from it and plant something in a contrasting color in order to show it off more. (Any suggestions?)

Please share your "J" Photos!

Julie

Comments (7)

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    16 years ago

I never was good at sphelling...

=/
    tj

• luvtosharedivs
    Original Author
    16 years ago

tj....

Silly you!

Julie

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    16 years ago

Hey, look at it this way. If I didn't jump the gun on 'M' photos, you'd still be wondering what melampodium looked like. You're lucky I didn't wait until the 'S' photos 'cuz it's melampodium 'Showstar' ;-)

tj

• aka_margo
    16 years ago

Hey Julie,
    Unless that's 'Little Joe Pye' you better make more room! This is not a good picture, but the tallest plant to the right of the trellis is my Joe Pye. I first bought it from Wild Ones as a single cell plant that was maybe 2 inches high. That was 2 years ago, I bet it's close to 7 feet high if not over. It also likes to spread little joe's all over my yard. ha ha!

June

• luvtosharedivs
    Original Author
    16 years ago

tj,
    It's no problem that you jumped ahead to the "M" photos. I'm grateful for your melampodium. I had mentioned in one of my previous posts that you all don't have to wait for me to start a new letter. If you've got something to show, by all means share it!

Jen,
    Yes indeed, my Joe Pye Weed is the dwarf, and should only reach 48". But I still need to clear out some plants around it, since it will eventually be 3' wide.
    It also likes to spread little joe's all over my yard. ha ha! LOL! So I have that to look forward too?

Love your 'June' Hosta! Love mine too! This is one that was not very damaged by the storm several weeks ago:

Julie

• aka_margo
    16 years ago

Don't you love how much color variance there is on the June hosta depending on how much light they get. This past weekend I was in St Louis and visited the botanical garden there. They had the biggest June I have ever seen, and it was one of those hostas that looks totally different when it's huge and mature. Guess I'll have to wait another 15 years for mine to look like that!

• luvtosharedivs
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, I agree about the awesome colors on 'June'. It's my favorite Hosta, slow growing though.

Julie

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES