Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aka_margo

Is there a hosta sale in Cedarburg this weekend?

aka_margo
16 years ago

Does anyone know if Jack-Kens has another hosta sale this weekend??

Jen

Comments (10)

• aka_margo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I picked up some awesome hostas yesterday. The sale is still on for Sunday and Monday 10-4. If you need info email me.
    Jen

• janetpetiole
    16 years ago

What did you get?

• aka_margo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got Atlantis, Sunshine Glory, Lakeside Lagoon, Blue Haired Lady, Frozen Margarita, Holly's Honey, Obsession, and Black Scallop ajuga. For free bonus plants they gave me the hostas Lakeside Roy El and Sweet Innocence.

Here is my haul, anyone want to come over and plant them for me?? ha ha!

• davej_07
    16 years ago

Ken is a great source of info isnt he? I usually spend an hour or 2 just shooting the breeze with him. Looks like you made a nice haul Margo:) Of course the main thing is that you never have to worry about the health or true ID of the plants you recieve from him. Great stuff

Dave

• janetpetiole
    16 years ago

Very nice, and no, I won't help you plant;-)

I still haven't planted the hostas I got from the Crivits lady.

• aka_margo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow, you bought those a long time ago. Guess I won't ask you to help unless I want them planted sometime this winter.LOL!

Dave, my friend and I got there around 1:30pm and didn't leave until almost 5:30pm. Most of the time was just spent talking with Ken and Jack. We had met Jack at the hosta convention in Indy this past spring, and he recognized us right away
    Jen.

• luvtosharedivs
    16 years ago

Very nice variety of hostas you bought, Jen.

I don't have any of those. Have you planted them yet?

The mosquitoes are horrible here! The radio announcer said this morning that we have a "Biblical proportion of mosquitoes here, and the natural preditors can't eat them fast enough". So it's horrible to get out and plant anything, especially near the woods!

Julie

• janetpetiole
    16 years ago

I lost all my ambition sometime in July and haven't found it yet. I want to go to the Green Bay Botanical Gardens this weekend to get some day lilies, but I should stay home and plant instead of getting more plants.

• aka_margo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have about half of them planted, and then you're right the misquitoes were horrible. Plus we have no air at work and I'm on the second floor in the middle, so I had no ambition to be out in the heat this week.

Janet, My mom and I are planning on going to the botanical garden tomorrow. We are leaving my house at 8:30am, if you want to ride with us.

• janetpetiole
    16 years ago

Sounds like fun, Jen!

Check your email.