Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wettest month EVER in Madison

Posted by grinder12000 4 now 5 I guess (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 22, 07 at 9:28

I planted my very first real garden August 5th. That same day the local newspaper had an article about me and my weather station.

Since that date we have had 10.02 inches of rain and now Madison has not only had the wettest August EVER but the ANY month ever in the history of Madison!

I live in Columbus 20 miles north and we have actually had more rain then Madison.

I will sell my rain man services to other parts of the country LOL!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wettest month EVER in Madison

This rain has been incredible. Virtually all my tomato plants have gotten diseased from the constantly wet foliage and the excess water in the soil has caused many of them to split.

Not looking to be a good tomato year, but on the other hand my first attempt at growing an Atlantic Giant pumpkin is going really well so far. It seemed to love the water and got huge.

o

See--It's all your fault--you let a amateur weather person in and they screw up every thing..smile.I do want to thank you as we got just over 1" over 3 days--send a little more.Green BayThanks again

o

Trust me - you can have it. With todays 1.47 inches we have had 8.93 Inches since Saturday.

I put a little chart up on my weather stations Website

Here is a link that might be useful: Columbus Weather

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here