Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Million Bells Scorched , can they be repaired?

Posted by cj47 Milwaukee area (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 19:10

Hi, after looking through the many forums here, I decided to pick this one and throw my question out there and see if anyone has any advice. I had two gorgeous baskets of Million Bells petunias, with hundreds of blooms on them. Then I went on vacation for two weeks, and they were not watered properly in my absence. (My own fault for not giving instructions as to how to care for them if the temps went over a hundred, or if violent storms came through, as apparently happened while I was gone) They were watered, but they look stressed, the blooms are nearly gone, and there are dry and dead spots on the inside. I gave them a good water when I brought them home and they perked up, but I'm not quite sure how to proceed in repairing the damage and bringing them back. Should I feed them? I hadn't before, as they seemed to be growing fine without it. I don't want to stress them even more. Is it even possible to bring them back to close to their former glory? Any advice is much appreciated.

Cj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Million Bells Scorched , can they be repaired?

annuals do decline as the summer wears on, unfortunately.
Sometimes a cutting back helps revive the blooms, but don't expect the fullsome blossoms that were there when you bought your lovely baskets. A very weak solution of plant food helps. I am having the same problem, and I wasn't gone.This weather has really done a number on everything. Pondy

o
RE: Million Bells Scorched , can they be repaired?

Don't feed a stressed plant. Cut out what's dead, water as needed and see what happens.

tj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here