Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Falling leaves?

Posted by luvtosharedivs 5a WI (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 1, 07 at 10:00

I was mowing the grass yesterday early evening, and saw the first fallen leaves of the season under my Black Walnut and Honey Locust trees. This is actually happening later than than normal, since we've had so much rain....

Leaves falling in your yards?

Oh, and how is everybody keeping up with your grass mowing in Southeastern WI? Goodness, it looks like April around here...so green! Had to set my mower deck high, and still get mounds of piled "hay" left in rows, then have to rake it, but (not to complain) it makes good mulch for my gardens, as long as I don't spread it more than 2" thick.

Julie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Falling leaves?

The neighbor's black walnuts started dropping leaves before all the rain and hasn't stopped, and the crab apples have some browning leaves, but that could have been from drought stress. We have some maple trees already showing color.

The lawn seems more full and lush now than it was in spring! I don't water the lawn during the dry part of summer because comes back so fast when it starts raining again.

o
RE: Falling leaves?

I haven't noticed any fallen leaves or Fall colors yet. Our lawn is really good. Came back well after all that rain. It really grew and hubby couldn't cut it because it was always wet! LOL! I like using the grass for mulch too.

Kat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here