Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
upnort_gw

Where in Wisconsin Part 2

upnort
15 years ago

I tried to post on this but its full so Im starting a second page.

Im in Mercer The Loon Capital of Wisconsin. Thats half an hour away from Hurley and a few steps more to Michigan.

Comments (22)

• Hosta_Haven
    15 years ago

I live in DeForest, 15 minutes north of East Towne Mall in Madison. Because my 1/2 acre plot is mostly shade with Wisconsin's largest black cherry tree, I collect hostas! I now have almost 260 varieties of hosta and almost 400 hostas in total.

Char

• littlelabboy
    15 years ago

Arbor Vitae/Woodruff. I moved there 10 years ago from the U.P. I have a small vege plot surrounded by towering pines, not so towering oaks, and a handful of maples. Not much sunlight but plently of compost material.

Paul

• maderb
    15 years ago

Schofield, WI. Here........................

• garden4bees
    15 years ago

I am in Eau Claire, WI and getting anxious for the Winter Gardening Seminar by the Master Gardeners called Ready, Set, Grow..... It will be held February 7, 2009 at the Auditorium in Chippewa Valley Technical College. For more information contact the UW Extension for Eau Claire County 715-839-4712
    or the website is www.eauclairemastergardeners.com

• sharoncl
    15 years ago

I am in Franklin, WI, a suburb just south of Milwaukee. I'm brand new to GardenWeb and pretty new to gardening too, so any help/suggestions are much appreciated. At my old house in Milwaukee, I had inherited a pretty nice garden with lots of shade plants. All I had to do was weed occasionally. But at my new place, it's a blank slate and I'm going to be starting from scratch this spring.

• pkton
    15 years ago

I am from Janesville. Born and raised. I grow daylilies and hosta by the 100's and what ever else I can throw in between them all!
    Paula

• paxmom
    15 years ago

Just moved to Brodhead from Il. so I am starting over. Can't wait till spring so I can start planting. Have 2 acres to fill up.Will try my hand at a veggie garden for the fist time. If it grows I like it inside of out.

• lotusbudh2o
    15 years ago

I live in Beloit. Got 1a 3 water gardens. Alot of gardens.

• josie23
    15 years ago

"I now have almost 260 varieties of hosta and almost 400 hostas in total---Wow"

Great way to take advantage of shade...Are you willing to give me your street name so I can drive by sometime this summer? I live in Dane.

• woodlandgal
    15 years ago

Hi! I'm new here, but have been reading for awhile. I live about 35 miles NE of Eau Claire in 15 acres of woods. I love wildlife, gardening, birding and horses.
    Pat

• northerndaylily
    15 years ago

Plover Wi area. Hybridizing daylilies. The Lady of the House grows vegetables and melons for us.

Jay

• ten_yr_plan
    15 years ago

From Green Bay here. found you guys, GW WI digging online for veggie gardening info. I'm getting itchy fingers already! Also have a 10 year plan to landscape plant my yard! Can't wait to learn from all the WI locals.

• steseaq
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,

From Sister Bay - up in Door County. Sick of the snow and am dreaming about my garden. :) Great to find this site and so many fellow Wisconsinite's here!

• maderb
    15 years ago

Schofield, WI. Here!!!!!!!!!!!

• meydon
    15 years ago

Durand here, lots of snow in my back yard.

• vigilant20
    15 years ago

I'm in West Allis

• elctj
    15 years ago

Cady Township here - so small you'll never find it on a map, but it's near Menomonie. Have 40 acres of woods that I expect to spend my lifetime trying to tame. If anyone out there has experience creating woodland paths I'd appreciate any suggestions.

EJ

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Hey northern Daylily I am in outskirts of wildrose...We are neighbors...Live on two acres have 42 all together....Two vegetable gardens this year...and all the flower beds....Barb

• wildforager
    15 years ago

Hello,
    I'm in Sheboygan. Feel free to check out my tradelist as I'm always looking to barter. I'll be adding onto the list occasionally or just ask if you're looking for something I don't have listed. I'm really into fruit trees lately.
    Peace,
    Little John

• chickscleo
    15 years ago

I live in Arena...Near Spring Green....Many people tell me we are a zone 4, but I grow zone 5 plants all the time and haven't lost any of them. I have started Many plants from seed but have a few that are driving me crazy...poppies for instance. I have spread seeds for three years, all different types....Nothing. A dear friend and fellow gardener, tosses hers out and has great success. When I am done with this post I will be searching on here for a poppy guru! haha

• hostalover360
    15 years ago

I'm in Clayton,Wisconsin, a small town in the west centreal part of the state, near the New Richmond/Amery area. it is called the western prairie of Wisconsin!

• gardensasse
    15 years ago

Madison, Wisconsin. Vegetable garden, native plants, gardening for wildlife. I like low maintenance gardening!